25 Things To Do During MEA Weekend
Ok so I knew MEA Weekend was coming soon but when I looked at the calendar I didn't realize they tacked on two extra days!! A little four day weekend as turned into a long drawn out 6 day vacation for these little rascals. Forget total wine I might have to hit up Costco for my wine stash this week!
In addition to a large wine stash I also have to figure out what the heck am I going to do with the kids for 6 whole days!! I had to do some digging to find out what was happening and I think I got a few ideas under my belt. If you are still trying to piece together what you are up to during this break and will be in town here are some ideas I came across.
Things to do during MEA Weekend
1.Trip to Duluth- Such short drive from the cities but long enough to feel like a vacation. You can visit the famous lift bridge, Canal Park, aquarium, railroad museum, and zoo—plenty to keep the kids busy all weekend.
2.Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at the Minnesota Zoo- I have seen a ton of pictures of the pumpkins there and it looks so cool. I think this is a must see.
3.Go to the Movies--hello matinee! I also know that Abdominal movie is still playing and I heard it was adorable.
4. Family Discovery Days at the Bell Museum- going on Thursday-Sunday. They will have some science-related family fun over this long weekend!
5.Visit the Children's Museum - they have a cool curious George exhibit you can check out
6.Kids at the Castle:Things that go bump in the night party at the American Swedish Insitutue- This action-packed kids and family creative playtime is inspired by the season and encourages adventurous young minds with a flashlight seek-and-find through the Turnblad Mansion.
7.Visit your local library- they always have some fun story time or craft stations set up.
8.Hit up the pumpkin patch and apple orchard- its not too late and its suppose to be a much warm weekend.
9.Transylvania Trolley- Como- Harriet Street Car Line: Count Karl the Vampire Motorman is your host for this Halloween trip. Not scary ― just silly. Wear a costume and get a treat. The ride is about 15 minutes and no advance ticket or reservation is required
10.Go to the children's theater- current shows are Snow White and Circus Abyssinia
11.Visit ValleyScare on the weekend for the great pumpkin fest
12 Have a play date- now is the time for us moms to join forces together and keep these kids entertained
13. Visit the Science Museum of Minnesota- check out their new Body Worlds RX exhibit
15. Go on a nature drive
16. Visit Great Wolf Lodge for some water park fun
17. Flashlight Pumpkin Hunt at Aquatore Park in Blaine - Pumpkins are hiding and waiting to be found at Aquatore Park. Children along with their parents, can search the grounds for one pumpkin of their choice, celebrate by dancing under the stars with the family DJ, make a s'more and play glow games. Fee includes a treat bag, one pumpkin, one craft, and refreshments.
18. Have a movie and fort night
19. Have a cookie decorating party
20. Do nothing-literally have a day with nothing planned
21. Go to the park- I saw some 60 degree days its not too late for a little slide and swing action
22. Have an arts and craft day- whip out all the contraction paper, glue, paint, and google eyes and go to town
23. Get a babysitter and go on a date or meet up with some friends- remember this is your vacation too!
24. Book a last minute trip and get out of here-maybe somewhere warm, it might snow when you come back! Just saying
25. Take a trip to Target